2. His professional carrer started when he was 19 as he was performing acoustic guitar and background vocals on Bob Seger’s single “Ramblin’ Gamblin Man” in 1968. Seger was an inspiration for Frey the whole time and he strongly encouraged him to focus on writing original songs.
3. Frey met drummer Don Henley in 1970. When Linda Ronstadt needed a backup band for a single gig, she hired Frey, Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon on the advice of her boyfriend. Frey and Henley later jointed Ronstadt’s backup band for her 1971 summer tour. Afterwards. Frey, Henley, Meisner and Leadon formed the Eagles. with Frey playing the guitar and keyboards and Henley playing drums.
4. The Eagles broke up aroung 1980 and reunited in 1994 when the released a new album titled “Hell Freezes Over”. Don have been asked a lot of times when are the Eagles getting back together. He used to answer “When Hell frezzes over”. People always thought that Don and Glenn were always fighting. At their first live concert of 1994. Frey told the crowd. “For the record, we never broke up. We just took a 14-year vacation”
5. Frey was married twice. From 1983 to 1988, he was married to Janie Beggs. Not after a long time, in 1990 he married Cindy Milican in 1990. They had three children, a daughter Taylor and two sons Deacon and Otis.
6. Glenn Frey also starred in several TV Shows like Miami Vice, South of Sunset and Nash Bridges. People loved him for his acting talent, but Frey had to focus on on his musician carrer so he and the Eagles became one of the biggest rock band in history.
7. Some of your favourite movies have featured Glenn’s songs. His record is illustrious: “The Heat Is On,” and “Smugglers Blues” from Beverly Hills Cop, “Flip City” from Ghostbusters II, and “Part of Me, Part of You” from Thelma & Louise.
8. Throughout his career, Glenn won six Grammy Awards, and five American Music Awards. Damn! He was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1988 with the Eagles. As a member of the Eagles, in combination with his solo career, he had 24 singles land on the Top 40 Billboard chart.
9. The Eagles notched up more than 150 million album sales worldwide, with Hotel California and their greatest hits among the best selling in history. Glenn Frey had a net worth of $90 million dollars.
10. Glenn Frey died in New York City on Monday, January 19, 2016 from complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia.
Glenn Frey was one of the best singers this world ever had. He loved his wife, his family, his friends and his fans and we will never forget his passion for the music and the hard work he put in everything he ever did. You will be missed.